The Power of Threat Intelligence in your Cybersecurity Program
- Jason McEachin, Director, Sales Engineering
- Thursday, March 26th, 12:30pm - 1:15pm
Cybersecurity attacks dominate the headlines everyday, with large and small organizations alike being breached and impacted. Analysts predict these attacks will increase in 2015, and security personnel today are making decisions based on incomplete information and lack of confidence in data. Although most organizations have internal information on threats and vulnerabilities, and some have also invested in SIEMs that analyze information from multiple sources across their network, they also need to include external threat intelligence to help identify malicious activity and allow them mitigate risks. Organizations need a more effective threat intelligence management capability to quickly prioritize and enrich events to enable robust response to attacks.
During this presentation, we will discuss how:
- Harnessing the power of threat intelligence collection, aggregation, ingestion, and automation for full threat intel integration into your cybersecurity defense lifecycle.
- Adding global context to internal and external threat intel sources enables decision support both within and outside the enterprise perimeter.
- Aggregating disparate threat information supports improved analysis and confidence.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Lunch & Learn: Short presentations given during the lunch break.
|General Session - Welcome to SANS||Johannes Ullrich, Ph.D.||Monday, March 23rd, 8:15am - 8:45am||Special Events|
|The Internet of Evil Things||Johannes Ullrich, Ph.D.||Monday, March 23rd, 7:15pm - 9:15pm||Keynote|
|Women in Technology Meet and Greet||—||Tuesday, March 24th, 6:00pm - 7:00pm||Reception|
|The 13 Absolute Truths of Security||Keith Palmgren||Tuesday, March 24th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|DLP FAIL!!! Using Encoding, Steganography, and Covert Channels to Evade DLP and Other Critical Controls||Kevin Fiscus||Tuesday, March 24th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Managing the Unmanageable: How to Secure the Enterprise||Lee Milam, Citrix Enterprises||Wednesday, March 25th, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Lunch and Learn|
|Sophos/Infogressive Lunch and Learn||Justin Kallhoff, COO and Founder, Infogressive||Wednesday, March 25th, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Lunch and Learn|
|Debunking the Complex Password Myth||Keith Palmgren||Wednesday, March 25th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Who is Attacking You and How?||Sam Yoon, Systems Engineer, FireEye||Thursday, March 26th, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Lunch and Learn|
|The Power of Threat Intelligence in your Cybersecurity Program||Jason McEachin, Director, Sales Engineering||Thursday, March 26th, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Lunch and Learn|