CSI and Blackhat Scorpions: From Hollywood to Keyboard
- Robert M. Lee, Instructor, SANS Institute
- Thursday, July 9th, 6:00pm - 7:00pm
With movies like Blackhat and shows like CSI: Cyber and Scorpion, reality often gets hyped up for a bit of good Hollywood effect; but sometimes the truth is stranger than fiction. This past year there have been a number of high-profile intrusions impacting almost every identifiable sector, from aviation to banking to healthcare. These intrusions have showed creativity, shocked the public, and presented a challenge for forensic analysts in different fields. This talk will take a look at some of the most interesting intrusions faced this past year, where digital forensics excelled, and what we as a community learned - all in the theme of lighthearted Hollywood flair.
Robert M. Lee is a co-founder of Dragos Security LLC. He gained his start in security in the U.S. Air Force and Intelligence Community and is currently the SANS course author for ICS 515: Active Defense and co-author for FOR 578:Cyber Threat Intelligence.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Vendor: Events hosted by external vendor exhibitors.
- Lunch & Learn: Short presentations given during the lunch break.
|Live Broadcast||—||Special Events|
Tuesday, July 7
Wednesday, July 8
Thursday, July 9
|CSI and Blackhat Scorpions: From Hollywood to Keyboard||Robert M. Lee, Instructor, SANS Institute||Thursday, July 9th, 6:00pm - 7:00pm||SANS@Night|
|Preparing for PowerShellmageddon - Investigating Windows Command Line Activity||Chad Tilbury, Senior Instructor, SANS Institute||Thursday, July 9th, 7:00pm - 8:00pm||SANS@Night|