Call for Presentations
Deadline: 5 pm CDT on Friday, March 31st
Summit Dates: Monday, September 25 & Tuesday, September 26, 2017 Training Courses: Wednesday, September 27 - Monday, October 2, 2017 Location: Embassy Suites by Hilton Chicago Downtown Magnificent Mile 511 North Columbus Drive Chicago, IL 60611 US
Call for Presentations- Now Open
The Call for Presentations for the second annual Data Breach Summit is now open. If you are interested in presenting or participating in a panel discussion, we'd be delighted to consider your practitioner-based case studies with communicable lessons.
This Summit is intended to enable peers to share their wisdom and experiences in regards to these kinds of topics:
- How to investigate or contain a security incident that might -- or might not -- be a bona fide data breach;
- How enterprise management should absorb information and make decisions during a cyber crisis, such as a data security breach, an insider hack, a ransomware episode, an online hoax or a denial of service attack;
- How to manage the legal, economic and reputation fallout from a breach or other cyber crisis;
- How to coordinate crisis response across borders and across cultures. This Summit embraces issues and experiences from throughout the world.
We are open to hearing about ideas and cyber crises we have not thought about yet, so presentations on pioneering topics are welcome. But what is less interesting to us are sales pitches, or ideas on how to act proactively to avoid a breach or crisis from ever happening (those topics are covered in other SANS events).
The SANS Data Breach Summit offers speakers the opportunity for exposure and recognition as industry leaders. If you have something substantive, challenging, and original to offer, you are encouraged to submit a proposal.
Benefits of Speaking
*Note that SANS does not reimburse travel for Summit speakers. However, benefits of being a speaker include:
- Promotion of your speaking session and company recognition via the Data Breach Summit website and all printed materials
- Full conference badge to attend all Summit sessions
- Speakers can invite one additional attendee to attend the Summit; registration fee waived
- Private speakers-only networking luncheon
- *Presentations may also be recorded and made available via the Internet to a wider audience (at the discretion of SANS).
Submissions should be sent in the body of an email; please do not submit PDF documents or other attachments. Your submission must include:
- Title and abstract of proposed talk. The abstract should highlight the actionable takeaways for attendees.
- Author Name(s), title(s) and organization(s)
- Speaker Contact Information: Address, phone number, email address
- 50-word biography
- Headshot with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi
- Twitter Handle
- YouTube videos featuring you speaking
Send your submissions to DataBreachSummit@sans.org by 5 pm CDT on Friday, March 31st with the subject "CFP Submission - SANS Data Breach Summit 2017."