Welcome to Data Breach Summit & Training
- 6 courses
- 5 instructors
- 4 disciplines
Or Save 400 USD off any 4-6 day course or save up to 200 USD off the Summit. Enter code "EarlyBird17" & pay by August 2 (offers cannot be combined)
Data Breach Summit 2017
Summit Dates: September 25 - 26, 2017
Training Course Dates: September 27 - October 2, 2017
For every organization, data breach is a major risk. It's not a matter of whether your organization will be breached; it's when, and - most importantly - how bad the damage will be. You likely have a response plan in place. But your response in the first hours after initially discovering the "incident," will be crucial to mitigating financial and reputation damage. Is your response plan battle tested?
At the Summit, you and your team will participate in advanced exercises and in-depth discussions around data breach and cyber crisis scenarios. The Summit will bring together CISOs, risk managers, communication execs, insurers, attorneys, and security professionals to discover best practices for breach preparation and response.
Cyber crises happen all over the world, and they can affect your operations in many countries at the same time. We will assess responses in North America, Europe and elsewhere.
The Data Breach Summit will address a wide range of topics, including:
- Lessons from real data breach cases
- The executive management decision-making process
- Gathering and assessing evidence of incidents and breaches
- Data breach law and confidentiality
- Requirements for communicating to stakeholders
- Implications and obligations of involving the FBI or other law enforcement
- Determining the significance of a security incident
- Effectively partnering with your cyber insurer
You'll have the unique opportunity to participate in hypothetical data breach scenarios where you discover the worst has happened: your organization has been breached and sensitive data is at risk. This is your chance to put your response plan to the test!
- How do you respond?
- Whom must you notify, and when?
- What steps must you take to comply with laws and industry standards?
- How do you communicate to your many stakeholders - customers, partners, employees, those whose PII may have been affected?
- What is the role of your cyber insurer?
- What are the roles of in-house counsel and outside counsel?
Who Should Attend the Summit?
- Chief Information Officers (CIO)
- Chief Information Security Officers (CISO)
- Cyber Security Professionals
- Risk Managers
- Communication Executives
- Privacy Officers