Welcome to Cyber Defense Summit & Training
- 6 courses
- 5 instructors
- 1 disciplines
Cyber Defense Summit
Summit Dates: August 11 - 12, 2015 Post-Summit Dates: August 13 - 18, 2015
Prevent. Detect. Respond.
The mission of SANS' Cyber Defense curriculum, led by Dr. Eric Cole, is to teach individuals the essential skills and techniques needed to protect and secure an organization's critical information assets and business systems.
Now, for the first time, cyber defense practitioners will come together for a two-day Summit to share real-life success stories, best practices, and tips that are immediately actionable. Attendees will walk away from the Summit with the experience-based, practical advice they need to avoid having their organizations become the next headline in the Wall Street Journal for being the victims of a breach.
Topics and themes to be explored include:
- Data discovery - finding your most critical data so you can lock it down
- Using the Critical Security Controls as a basis for cyber defense
- Metrics and dashboards that really matter
- Insider threats
- Next-gen firewalls
- Using SIEM to detect attacks
- Building out and setting up SOCs
- Continuous monitoring
- Detecting and responding to advanced intrusions
- Network forensics v. packet analysis
Special Offers for All Attendees! This offer reduces the Summit registration fee from $1,495 to $995 when purchased in conjunction with a full price 4-6 day course a savings of $500! The discount is automatically applied when the Summit and a qualifying course are both selected during registration.Note - Early bird course discounts do not apply with this bundle offer.