SOC and Continuous Monitoring
- Seth Misenar and Eric Conrad
- Tuesday, October 20th, 8:15pm - 9:15pm
Repeat after me, I will be breached. Most organizations realize this fact too late, usually after a third party informs them months after the initial compromise. Treating security monitoring as a quarterly auditing process means most compromises will go undetected for weeks or months. The attacks are continuous, and the monitoring must match. This talk will help you face this problem and describe how to move your organization to a more defensible security architecture that enables continuous security monitoring. The talk will also give you a hint at the value you and your organization will gain from attending Seth Misenar and Eric Conrad's new course: SANS SEC511: Continuous Monitoring and Security Operations.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Lunch & Learn: Short presentations given during the lunch break.
- Master's Degree Presentation: Presentations given by SANS Technology Institute's Master's Degree candidates.
|General Session - Welcome to SANS
||Dr. Eric Cole
||Monday, October 19th, 8:15am - 8:45am
||Dr. Eric Cole
||Monday, October 19th, 7:15pm - 9:15pm
||Jeff Guilfoyle, Principal SE, Symantec Managed Security Services
||Wednesday, October 21st, 12:30pm - 1:15pm
||Lunch and Learn
|Offensive Countermeasures, Active Defenses, and Internet Tough Guys
||Wednesday, October 21st, 7:15pm - 8:15pm
|Advanced Persistent Threats and You: What You Need to Know
||Wednesday, October 21st, 8:15pm - 9:15pm
||Chris Cain - Master's Degree Candidate
||Wednesday, October 21st, 8:15pm - 8:55pm
||Master's Degree Presentation