Infosec Rock Star: Geek Will Only Get You So Far
- Ted Demopoulos, SANS Certified Instructor
- Wednesday, July 1st, 7:00pm - 8:30pm
This presentation is free of charge but space is limited and will be allocated on a first-registered basis. Please register using the link below.
7:00pm- Registration and light refreshments
7:30pm- 8:30pm- Presentation
Some of us are so effective, and well known, that the term "Rock Stars" is entirely accurate. What kind of skills do Rock Stars have and wannabe Rock Stars need to develop? Although we personally may never be swamped by groupies, we can learn the skills be more effective, well respected, and well paid.
Obviously it's not just about technology; in fact most of us are very good at the technology part. And although the myth of the Geek with zero social skills is just that, a myth, the fact is that increasing our skills more on social and business side will make most of us more effective at what we do than learning how to read hex better while standing on our heads, becoming "One with Metasploit" or understanding the latest hot technologies.
Topics, with input from real Rock Stars of Infosec, include:
- The 5 Levels to Rock Star
- Positioning - why "they" don't like us or security and what we can do about it.
- The Science of Influence - ruthless social engineering or effective professional skills?
- Getting things done: Brutal Time Management and The Art of Saying "No" without upsetting too many people.
- How to let people know you rock. You might be the best in the world, but if no one knows it you're not going to do much good.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
Wednesday, July 1
|Infosec Rock Star: Geek Will Only Get You So Far||Ted Demopoulos, SANS Certified Instructor||Wednesday, July 1st, 7:00pm - 8:30pm||SANS@Night|
Tuesday, July 7
|The Best Cyber Defence is a Strong Cyber Offence - or is it?||Eric Conrad, SANS Senior Instructor and Jake Williams, SANS Certified Instructor||Tuesday, July 7th, 7:00pm - 8:30pm||SANS@Night|