Securing The Human
- Lance Spitzner
- Thursday, November 1st, 8:15pm - 9:15pm
Organizations have traditionally invested most of their security in technology, with little effort in protecting their employees. As a result, many attackers today target the weakest link, the human. Awareness, not just technology, has become key to reducing risk and remaining compliant. This high-level talk designed for management explains why humans are so vulnerable, how they are being actively exploited and what organizations can do about it.
Key points include:
- How people are really nothing more than a highly vulnerable operating system.
- What makes us so vulnerable and how attackers exploit these vulnerabilities..
- How to develop a high-impact, flexible awareness program that patches these vulnerabilities and reduces risk.
- Create a program so engaging employees will ask how their families can take it.
- How to measure change in behavior and the impact to your organization.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Vendor: Events hosted by external vendor exhibitors.
|General Session - Welcome to SANS||Jason Fossen||Monday, October 29th, 8:15am - 8:45am||Special Events|
|Why Do Organizations Get Compromised?||Dr. Eric Cole||Monday, October 29th, 7:15pm - 9:15pm||Keynote|
|Vendor Expo||—||Tuesday, October 30th, 10:30am - 3:20pm||Vendor Event|
|How to Become a SANS Instructor||Chris Crowley||Tuesday, October 30th, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Special Events|
|Vendor Lunch and Learn||—||Tuesday, October 30th, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Vendor Event|
|What's New in Windows 8 and Server 2012?||Jason Fossen||Tuesday, October 30th, 7:15pm - 8:45pm||SANS@Night|
|GIAC Program Overview||Dr. Eric Cole||Thursday, November 1st, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Special Events|
|SANS Technology Institute Open House||Dr. Eric Cole||Thursday, November 1st, 12:30pm - 1:15pm||Special Events|
|Securing The Kids||Lance Spitzner||Thursday, November 1st, 7:15pm - 8:15pm||SANS@Night|
|Securing The Human||Lance Spitzner||Thursday, November 1st, 8:15pm - 9:15pm||SANS@Night|