The Plinko Board of Modern Persistence Techniques
- Alissa Torres
- Thursday, September 24th, 7:15pm - 8:15pm
No matter what techniques an attacker employs to hide and persist on compromised remote systems, we must be up for the challenge, to detect, analyze and remediate. This session focuses on the latest techniques modern malware is using to ensure continued presence in your network. As detailed in recently released industry threat intelligence reports, these methods are increasing in sophistication and are often times missed by forensics tools developed to only enumerate common autorun and service persistence methods. In this presentation, we will cover advanced detection techniques, pivoting from physical memory analysis to the examination of remnants found on the file system.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Lunch & Learn: Short presentations given during the lunch break.
- Master's Degree Presentation: Presentations given by SANS Technology Institute's Master's Degree candidates.