Evolving Threats & Defences
- Paul Henry
- Monday, September 21st, 7:15pm - 9:15pm
For nearly two decades defenders have fallen into the "Crowd Mentality Trap." They have simply settled on doing the same thing everyone else was doing, while at the same time attackers have clearly evolved both in terms of malware delivery vectors and attack methodology. Today our defenses focus primarily on the gateway and upon attempting to outwit attacker's delivery methods. This leaves us woefully exposed and according to a recent Data Breach Report has resulted in 3,765 incidents, 806 million records exposed, and $157 billion (USD) in data breach costs in only the past six years. This presentation will highlight recent / current developments in the evolution of both attacks and defenses.
The following bonus sessions are open to all paid attendees at no additional cost. There are many different types of events that fall into these categories:
- SANS@Night: Evening presentations given after day courses have ended. This category includes Keynotes.
- Special Events: SANS-hosted events and other non-technical recreational offerings. This category includes, but is not limited to, Receptions and Information Tables.
- Lunch & Learn: Short presentations given during the lunch break.
- Master's Degree Presentation: Presentations given by SANS Technology Institute's Master's Degree candidates.