Grand Hyatt Washington
1000 H Street NW
Washington, D.C., United States, 20001
Grand Hyatt Washington
The Grand Hyatt Washington is in the heart of Washington D.C. The WMATA Metro Center train station is directly connected to the lobby, so you can board the red, orange, silver, or blue line and easily navigate the city.
Hotel Special Rates and Reservations
A special discounted rate of $172.00 S/D plus applicable taxes will be honored based on space availability.
The group rate is the prevailing Government Per Diem rate.
These rates include Internet in your room and are only available through June 25, 2021.
To make a regular reservation, please visit this link.
Top 3 reasons to stay at the Grand Hyatt Washington:
- No need to factor in daily cab fees and the time associated with travel to alternate hotels. Everything is in one convenient location!
- By staying at the Grand Hyatt Washington, you gain the opportunity to further network with your industry peers and remain in the center of the activity surrounding the conference.
- SANS schedules evening events at the Grand Hyatt Washington that you won't want to miss!
3 Quick Facts about Washington, DC
- Washington, DC is missing “J” Street.
- The original phone number for the White House in 1878 was simply the number 1. A phone wasn’t installed on the President’s desk in the Oval Office until 1929.
- During World War I, Woodrow Wilson bought a flock of sheep to graze on the White House lawn. Not only did it save the manpower needed for mowing the lawn, they sold the wool to raise money for the Red Cross.
Travel Arrangements and Directions
A 10% discount for valet parking is available for attendees. Self-parking rates are not discounted as the parking garage is not owned by the hotel, but an independent company. Please note that while SANS tries to negotiate a great parking rate with the hotel, many times in these cases, neither SANS nor the hotel have any control over the fees charged.
Please visit the hotel’s website or contact them directly at 202-582-1234 for prevailing parking rates that are subject to change prior to the official meeting dates.
Recommended Web Links
Health and Safety Information
As we welcome you back to our In-Person Training Events, the safety of you, our Customer, remains our greatest priority. We take great pride in working with hotel venues that maintain the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene. Our venues have taken extreme measures, developed in consultation with global and local public health authorities, to make cleaning and hygiene protocols even more rigorous. Our commitment to you: to always make proactive decisions that are grounded in care, ensuring your safety and peace of mind. We are grateful for the trust you have shown us over the years and can't wait to welcome you back.
VENUE SAFETY MEASURES
Venue protocols will include all of the following and any required local guidelines such as PPE (Face Masks) and Physical Distancing, which are subject to change:
- Enhanced Cleaning: with a focus on ‘high touch areas’ such as door handles, restrooms, and food & beverage areas
- Personal Hygiene: hand sanitizer stations will be located in common areas
- Increased Air Circulation: venues will keep HVAC systems operational during training, to introduce fresh air into the meeting space.
SANS SAFETY MEASURES
While we have taken extraordinary planning steps to be thoughtful and deliberate about our framework, fluidity remains with local ordinances. Our measures will be implemented in accordance with these local government agencies and may vary depending on timing. These measures may include some or all of the following measures:
- Vaccinations: SANS Staff & Faculty will be fully vaccinated prior to travel. We highly encourage you do the same or exercise your due diligence before traveling to an in-person event. Exploring alternative options are encouraged including our Live Online Training events
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): an adjustable, cloth mask will be provided at check-in. Face masks may be required in both common areas and in the meeting space and will be confirmed at event check-in. Guidance will be implemented in accordance with local and venue ordinance
- Physical Distancing: inside of classrooms, seating areas may be arranged to ensure proper distancing
- Reduced Contact: at registration, SANS aims to reduce queuing and offer limited-contact registration