We're opening this virtual Summit to the community. Register now for FREE!
Level Up Your Blue Team Skills
Defending against attacks is an ongoing challenge with new threats emerging all the time. Do you want to enhance your current skill set and become even better at defending your organization? Are you looking for the latest ways to mitigate the most recent attacks? The blue team represents information security professionals on the front-line of defending an organization’s critical assets and systems against attacks and threats from adversaries.
Blue team professionals are highly skilled at deploying actionable techniques for timely detection, responding to compromises, and monitoring adversary activities to maintain and improve security over time. It’s an ongoing effort, day in & day out. Whether hunting for threats, designing a defensible security architecture, or analyzing log data, it’s the skills and agility of blue teams that enable world-class detection and defensive capabilities.
The 2021 Blue Team Summit will feature:
- Highly technical talks and panel discussions - The industry's top practitioners will share their latest cyber defense research, solutions, tools, and case studies. You’ll have a number of talks to choose from, plus lots of new virtual event features that will have you schooled up for the year and planning for 2021 before the week is out.
- Exclusive Networking Opportunities - Connect with your fellow blue teamers and the wider cyber defense community via virtual chat rooms.
- Blue Team SOC Solutions Track - Join this SANS lead forum as we explore various SOC topics through invited speakers while showcasing current capabilities available today. Presentations will focus on technical case-studies and thought leadership using specific examples relevant to the industry. Register Here
- Closely Aligned SANS Cyber Defense Courses - Enhance your knowledge base and add to your toolkit with a hands-on, immersive course taught by top SANS instructors and course authors.
- Cyber Defense NetWars! - Students enrolled in long courses at the SANS Blue Team Summit can join us for everyone's favorite defense-focused competition aimed at testing your ability to solve problems and secure your systems from compromise. Cyber Defense NetWars is a truly unique experience, and an opportunity to test your skills in administration, threat hunting, log analysis, packet analysis, cryptography, and much more.
Over two days, Blue Team Summit talks will deliver diverse viewpoints and actionable advice on key topics, including:
- Detecting advanced post-exploitation
- Modern security architecture (zero trust and micro segmentation)
- Log analysis and anomaly detection at scale
- Network security monitoring in an increasingly encrypted world
- Operationalizing endpoint detection
- Cloud security monitoring tools and techniques
- Prevention of common and high-impact attacks – human operated ransomware, business email compromise, etc.
- Threat hunting techniques and tools
- Managing, measuring, and improving security operations
- Building and operating an intelligence-driven defense
- Monitoring and detection for cloud services - containers, PaaS, SaaS, serverless workloads, and more
- Leveraging industry frameworks to improve and measure detection, prevention, and response (ATT&CK, etc.)
- How to jump-start a career in blue teaming
- Securing an increasingly remote workforce
- Blue teams & IT leadership
CPEs & Certificate of Completion
- You will get 12 CPEs for attending the Blue Team Summit. (6 for each day you attend)
- Currently, we are not able to issue CPEs to those that view the Summit recordings.
- A Certificate of Completion will be available in your account after the
conclusion of the Blue Team Summit & Training 2021 [September 18].
- SANS will automatically submit your CPEs to GIAC within 7-10 days after the event’s end date of September 18 - No action is required on your part.
Boost Expertise with a Bundled Course
After the Summit, choose from a number of hands-on, immersion-style SANS Live Online courses to help you expand your information security expertise. SANS courses are taught by experienced practitioners who are among the best cybersecurity instructors in the world. They will provide you with the guidance and skills you need to protect your organization and advance your career.