In response to the coronavirus pandemic, organizations worldwide are implementing work-from-home policies. Yet for many organizations, managing an entirely remote workforce is completely new, which means they often lack the processes, policies and technologies that enable employees to work from home safely and securely. In addition, many employees may be unfamiliar or uncomfortable with the idea of working from home. This puts a huge number of people at risk.
SANS Security Awareness just released for free a huge library of commercial tools to help train and secure workforce's at home. This Deployment Kits provides everything you need to quickly train and secure your remote workforce, including a strategic planning guide, videos, factsheets, podcasts, digital signage and more, and in multiple languages. Our goal is to enable people around the world to work from home safely and securely, and we need your help doing it. Two things.
- If you have time download the Deployment Kit and let me know what we can do to make it simpler and more effective for orgs around the world (you are welcome and encouraged to also leverage any of the materials you want).
- Help spread the word, especially for organizations that may not have Security Awareness officers.
The training materials are a combination of both SANS's public resources and paid training materials provided at no cost. This is a unique situation and we want to do everything we can to help the community secure their workforce during these uncertain times.
Join Lance Spitzner on Tuesday, March 17th at 5:30 PM EDT (21:30:00 UTC) for his webcast: Deployment Kit for Securing Your Workforce at Home. Key points include:
- Why we need to prioritize behaviors and key behaviors to focus on.
- Communication templates to effectively engage your workforce
- The different resources you can use and how to make the most of them
Register now: https://www.sans.org/webcasts/113875