Computer Forensic Training is becoming more critical to your organizations incident response plan due to some of the current threats that are being discovered. Organizations will find more and more that they will need a team of trained incident responders and computer forensic analysts. Your organization needs to be prepared on how to handle sophisticated incidents and organized groups that can easily walk around your perimeter defenses.
Here are just a few recent headlines over the last year scoping the current threat against many networks:
- MSNBC: "Report: Obama helicopter security breached. Pa company says blueprints for Marine One found at Iran IP address"
- Wall Street Journal: "Computer Spies Breach Fighter-Jet Project"
- Aviation Week: "Attacks on US computer systems stress supply chain security and reveal shortage of defenders"
- Wall Street Journal: "FBI Probes Hack at Citibank"
Our intermediate Computer Crime Investigations course (Computer Forensics, Investigations, and Incident Response - FOR508) has recently been updated to address the crimes associated with data breach incidents and the advanced persistent threat. We want to highlight some of the computer forensic training classes out there that you should look at. As an added bonus, classes tend to be smaller at these conferences, allowing for even more individual attention.
Most of the upcoming events for all the Digital Forensic Courses and training that SANS offers can be found at the upcoming events page of the Computer Forensics Website.
Forensics 508 — Computer Forensics, Investigation, and Incident Response
- Community SANS Lake Tahoe 2010 - Lake Tahoe, CA - January 25 - 30, 2010
- Community SANS Forensics DC 2010 - Alexandria, VA - February 22 - 27, 2010
- Community SANS Boston 2010 - Boston, MA - March 15 - 20, 2010
- Community SANS Virginia Beach 2010 - Virginia Beach, VA - May 24 - 29, 2010
Forensics 606 — Data Recovery and Drive Forensics
- Community SANS Atlanta 2010 - Atlanta, GA - February 09 - 13, 2010
Forensics 563 — Mobile Device Forensics
- Community SANS San Antonio 2010 - San Antonio, TX - April 19 - May 01, 2010