- SANS printed course books and any related hands-on CD (CD not applicable to all courses)
- Two GIAC Practice Tests (GIAC Certification students only)
- Up to four months of online access to MP3 files of the course taught by the world's best instructors
Yes, you are able to purchase the GIAC Certification attempt for your Self Study course. If the exam is purchased along with your training, the cost of the certification attempt is $579.00. By purchasing the exam, it will allow you to receive a certificate of completion of your course. You will have 120-days (4 months) from the date of access to complete the 2 practice tests and 1 proctored exam. GIAC candidates receive a framed certificate in about 4-6 weeks from successfully completion of the proctored exam.
The SANS OnDemand Bundle options are available for $449 as "supplemental online training", when purchasing the course through SANS Self Study.
The OnDemand Bundle is a tactical study tool that uses a combination of learning techniques to reinforce the concepts taught in the course. You'll receive four months of access to OnDemand's online system, which includes web-based courseware, course lectures & assessment tests presented one learning objective at a time, along with access to our OnDemand Subject Matter Expert. Some of our technical courses also include hands-on exercises and labs. OnDemand enables you to hone your knowledge of each learning objective and prepare for the GIAC exams.
Note: This discounted rate is only available for the course, which you are taking through another SANS training program and must be purchased at the time of registration. For example, if you are registering for SEC401 at a live event, you may only purchase a bundle for SEC401.
If you have any questions about the OnDemand Bundle, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (301) 654-7267. To view our free OnDemand course demos, please visit http://www.sans.org/ondemand/demos.php
After logging into SANS, you will see the "Self Study Files" link on the 'Account Dashboard' page. Click on the link to access the MP3 downloadable audio files. Access to these files will be for 120 days (4-months) before it expires. Extensions are not available for MP3 files.
Yes. You can right click on each recording, and:
- select the "Save As" option
- select the location you would like the file stored
- change the file type to .mp3.
Job-Based (Long) Courses
These courses address a range of skill sets including entry level information security and broad based security essentials, as well as advanced subject areas like audit, intrusion detection, incident handling, firewalls and perimeter protection, forensics, hacker techniques, and Windows and Unix operating system security.
- Audit 507 :: Auditing Networks, Perimeters, and Systems
- Legal 523 :: Legal Issues in Information Technology and Information Security
- Management 414 :: SANS +S Training Program for the CISSP Certification Exam
- Management 512 :: SANS Security Leadership Essentials for Managers with Knowledge Compression
- Security 301 :: Introduction to Information Security
- Security 401 :: SANS Security Essentials
- Security 502 :: Perimeter Protection In-Depth
- Security 503 :: Intrusion Detection In-Depth
- Security 504 :: Hacker Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling
- Security 505 :: Securing Windows
- Security 506 :: Securing Unix/Linux
- Security 508 :: Computer Forensics, Investigation and Response
- Security 542 :: Web App Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Security 560 :: Network Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking
- Security 610 :: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques
- Security 617 :: Assessing and Securing Wireless Networks
Skill-Based (Short) Courses
Skill-based courses address a specific skill set in audit, legal, management and security.
- Audit 521:: Meeting the Minimum Standard for Protecting Credit Card and other Private Information PCI CISP: The Visa Digital Dozen
- Legal 413 :: Law of Fraud and IT as an Instrument of Crime
- Legal 417 :: Legal Issues in Information Technology: InfoSec
- Security 533 :: Windows PowerShell
Access to the downloadable MP3 files are for 120 days (4 months) from the date it is placed in your SANS Portal Account. When purchasing an extension to your proctored certification exam, access to the MP3 files are also extended. The fee to extend for 30 days is $199.
SANS is unable to gauge the completion of courses taken by the SelfStudy training method. Hence, a Certificate of Completion is not normally issued to Self Study students. Only when the SANS OnDemand bundle and/or the GIAC certification exam attempt has been added to the registration and successfully completed, would we be able to validate completion of study. The GIAC certification exam is not available for all SANS courses.