SCORE - Security Consensus Operational Readiness Evaluation
SCORE is a cooperative effort between SANS/GIAC and the Center for Internet Security(CIS). SCORE is a community of security professionals from a wide range of organizations and backgrounds working to develop consensus regarding minimum standards and best practice information, essentially acting as the research engine for CIS. After consensus is reached and best practice recommendations are validated, they may be formalized by CIS as best practice and minimum standards benchmarks for general use by industry at large.
- Promote, develop and publish security checklists.
- Build these checklists via consensus, and through open discussion through SCORE mailing lists.
- Use existing references, recruit GIAC-certified professionals, and enlist subject matter experts, where and when possible.
Step-By-Step Guides and Checklists are being developed for: Ubuntu Linux, Windows 7, Firewalls, BSD, Web Servers (Apache and IIS) and more.
Be a SCORE Contributor
Potential SCORE topics include:
- Malicious File Investigation Procedures
- Malware Analysis Static
- Malware Analysis Dynamic
- Using Olly Debug for malware analysis
- Using IDA Pro for malware analysis
- MySQL Security
- Webserver Security and Testing
- Juniper JunOS
- Microsoft Windows 7 Security
- Virtual Machines
- Debian Linux
- OS X Security
If you have expertise in one of the following areas, or have something in mind that you'd like to author that we haven't listed, contact us via email at email@example.com. We look forward to having you on the SCORE team!