Registration & Tuition
If you need any assistance during your registration process, contact the SANS registration office at email@example.com or call 301-654-SANS(7267) 9am - 8pm EST.
How to Register
- You must complete the online registration form. We do not take registrations by phone. Even if you do not want to submit your payment information online, you must still complete the online form and select a payment method which allows you to pay offline.
- You may print a copy of your invoice, once you complete the online registration form, if you require an invoice to process your payment, or would like one for your records. If you would like to obtain a copy of your invoice at a later date, you may go to your "attendance history" link in your SANS Account Dashboard
- The SANS Institute does not mail invoices requesting payment for unpaid invoices.
- An immediate e-mail confirmation is sent to you when the registration is submitted properly. If you have not received e-mail confirmation within 24 hours of registering or if you need any assistance with the registration process, please call the SANS Registration office at 301-654-SANS(7267), Mon-Fri 9am-8pm EST. You may also contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend you register early to ensure you get your first choice of courses. An immediate e-mail confirmation is sent to you when the registration is submitted properly. If you have not received e-mail confirmation within two business days of registering, please call the SANS Registration office at 301-654-SANS(7267) . You may also contact us by e-mail at email@example.com.
Access to Your Course
You will receive an email with instructions on how to access your course within 24 hours if you pay online, or within 2 business days of SANS receiving your payment if you pay with an offline payment method.
Course Fees Include:
- 4 months access to your SANS OnDemand course, including quizzes to reinforce your training [Online Access]
- Course books [Shipped]
- Downloadable MP3 audio files of course lectures [Online Access]
- As applicable, course CD/DVD(s) and/or toolkits for hands-on exercises [Shipped]
- As applicable, access to Virtual Labs [Online Access]
Note: [Shipped] items will be shipped based on the shipping method selected during the online registration process. Students outside of the United States are responsible for paying any applicable duties, taxes or customs fees required for their country.
Acceptable Forms of Payment
All Fees are quoted in US Dollars & must be paid in US Dollars.
Make checks payable to: The SANS Institute, and mail it to:
Be Sure to Include the Following with Your Check:
- Name of Student
- Full Invoice Number (letters & numbers)
Credit card payments can be made securely online during the online registration process.
Or by Phone: Complete the online registration form and select "Credit Card by Fax or Phone" as the payment method. After you have received your invoice number, call 301-654-SANS(7267) to complete the credit card transaction.
DO NOT e-mail your credit card information, it will not be accepted.
- Master Card
- American Express
- Diners Club
Complete the online registration form and select "Bank Transfer" as the payment method. Fill in the "Bank Name" field with the name of your bank, and then e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org requesting the information to complete the transfer. Do not deduct any bank fees from your transmittal. We must receive the full amount shown on your Invoice.
Wire transfers may take up to 2 weeks to be posted to the SANS account. Once funds are received, you will be given access to your course within 2 business days.
Important: Please include the Student's Name and the full SANS Invoice Number (letters & numbers) in the special instructions area of the wire form. All wire fees to be paid by originator/sender.
Federal Government Purchase Orders (ONLY US & CANADIAN FEDERAL GOVERNMENT)
You must register before submitting your PO to ensure accurate processing.
The SANS Institute expects payment in advance for all courses. The only exception is made for federal government employees, who must submit a copy of a DD form 1556 or other federal form in advance of training.
We do not accept POs from state governments, local governments, corporations, educational institutions, non-profit organizations, or anyone else except for the US and Canadian Federal Government. You may use one of these purchase orders to obtain funding for the course, but do not send us a copy. See All Other Purchase Orders below.
Important: A completed PO must include the full SANS Invoice Number (letters & numbers) and the amount on the PO MUST match the invoice. Incomplete or inaccurate POs will cause delays in processing, which could lead to delays in training access.
Completed forms may be faxed to 301-951-0140 - Attention: "SANS Tuition Dept. - Fed PO SANS OnDemand", or they may be mailed to:
SANS Tuition Dept.
Fed PO - SANS OnDemand
8120 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 310
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
All Other Purchase Orders (Non US & Canadian Federal Government):
The SANS Institute ONLY accepts US & Canadian Federal Government Purchase Orders (PO). SANS does not accept POs from state governments, local governments, corporations, educational institutions, non-profit organizations as prepayment for training.
We realize that your organization may still need to use a purchase order internally as part of the payment process. To obtain an invoice for your accounts payable department, please take the following steps:
- Register for your training online. At the end of the registration process, you will be prompted to print your own invoice. Please do this.
- Take the unpaid invoice to your accounts payable department so that they can match the purchase order with this invoice and generate payment to SANS by check, credit card, or bank transfer.
For groups of 2 or more, SANS OnDemand offers discounts starting at 5% off of course fees*. Please contact email@example.com for information on group discounts. OnDemand will provide you with a discount code to be used during the online registration process.
*Discounts do not apply toward the $599 GIAC Certification fee or shipping fees.
To register with a discount you must enter your discount code on the online registration form in the Discount Code field.
All group discount registrations MUST arrive in ON THE SAME DAY or the discount will NOT apply. Discounts are NOT retroactive.
Only one discount can be applied per registration/order. Discounts may not overlap.
To receive the discounted rate of $599 for the GIAC certification attempt, you must add the certification attempt when you register for your SANS training course. On the online registration form, simply choose to add the certification attempt with your course.
The duration of access for your training and to pass the certification exams will be 4 months. The GIAC certification attempt may also be purchased without SANS training at a higher rate of $1,049, through the GIAC Challenge program. For more information about the GIAC program and steps to certification, go to www.giac.org.
Substitutions / Cancelations
You may substitute another person in your place at any time prior to accessing your course by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. A $150 transfer fee will be charged for any substitution.
No substitutions will be given once you access your online course materials. No new course materials will be shipped.
If you have no one to replace you, please submit your refund request in writing to email@example.com prior to accessing your online course materials and receiving the additional course materials that are shipped to you. Your registration fee will be returned, less a $300.00 processing fee and shipping charges, in the same manner in which it was paid
No refunds will be given once you access your online course materials or once your additional course materials have been received.
To transfer your funds to another SANS course, please submit your transfer request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to accessing your online course materials and receiving the additional course materials that are shipped to you.
Your registration fee will be returned, less a $150.00 processing fee and shipping charges, in the same manner in which it was paid. No transfers will be given once you access your online course materials or once your additional course materials have been received.