NetWars is based on five distinct levels, each of which is designed for people who have achieved a given skill set, ranging from participants new to the industry all the way up to grand wizards of our trade. To represent these levels, we've established five levels and titles and given each range of skills a name. As your demonstrated capabilities increase, you can see the icon representing your level grow in power and weaponry. Check out these levels:
- Level 1: Initiate: This level is for people new to the information security industry, folks who are rapidly building their skills from the ground up.
- Level 2: Padawan: These folks have achieved some really solid capabilities, and represent the largest player community in NetWars, as they work to build their skills even further to differentiate themselves from the pack.
- Level 3: Guardian: People at this level have achieved something quite significant: they've exceeded the capability of the average info sec person, and proudly continue to grow to the next level.
- Level 4: Knight: Some people say that there's a phrase for NetWars participants who achieve this level: "Hire 'em." That's due to their really awesome skills in solving even the trickiest infosec challenges.
- Level 5: Master: When you reach this level, we figure that you're so good, there's nothing we can throw at you to challenge you... except other people like you. Just as steel sharpens steel, in Level 5, master infosec gurus battle against each other in a castle-vs-castle face-off.