Learn how to solve unique, in-depth challenges through interactive case scenarios designed to help you gradually build your skillset in DFIR, right from home.
DFIR NetWars Continuous is an incident simulator packed with a vast amount of forensic, malware analysis, threat hunting, and incident response challenges designed to help you gain proficiency without the risk associated when working real life incidents. It delivers the same interactive learning program as DFIR NetWars but is fully executed online over a four-month period. The program also delivers twice as many CPE credits (12) as a live DFIR NetWars Tournament (6), and the cost of participation is less than a standard SANS course.
DFIR NetWars Continuous enables you to:
- Learn anytime, anywhere.
- Solve key challenges and work on you DFIR skills at your own pace.
- Engage in interactive case scenarios that teach you effective ways to solve the most complex challenges in stopping data breaches and solving crimes.
- Identify skills you might be missing and walk away with confidence in your abilities.
- Acquire real-world tactics and techniques and apply them to real-live cases immediately.
- Learn in a safe environment and be prepared to apply your knowledge when a real incident occurs.
|DFIR NetWars Continuous Topics||Who should take the program?|
DFIR NetWars Continuous Features
- Learn anytime, anywhere: Over the course of four months and four levels, you will progress through multiple skill levels of increasing difficulty, learning first-hand how to solve key challenges at your own pace, and wherever you might be.
- Test your skills with more in-depth challenges: NetWars Continuous offers a completely separate set of challenges from the DFIR NetWars Tournament. Although it is organized into the same four levels, there are more in-depth challenges in DFIR NetWars Continuous, given its four-month timespan.
- Learn in a fun, interactive environment: Sharpen new skills with fun "game-like" scenarios. Each of these scenarios teaches you to apply the right skill at the right time, and under the right conditions to accurately solve critical challenges.
- Build your skills regardless of your expertise level: Anybody can play! No matter if you are new to the field or a seasoned forensicator or threat hunter, DFIR NetWars Continuous features different levels to help you improve your skill set, or show you where you might need improvement.
- Take hints to develop your skills faster: An innovated Automated Hint System helps you identify the most efficient way of solving challenges, or help you determine when you've found an even better way of conquering obstacles. Requesting a hint does not impact your score at all, but the number of hints you have taken will be displayed as a separate column on the scoreboard.
- Free yourself from tool limitations: It is not the tool that makes a good forensicator, but being able to apply the tool or technique at the right time and under the right conditions to accurately solve critical challenges. Each level is designed to not only exercise your capabilities to solve a particular problem, but teach you proper analysis techniques regardless of the tool you use.
- Evaluate and show your performance: Walk away with confidence in your abilities and a scorecard that illustrates the areas in which you have demonstrated deep skills and knowledge.
- Apply what you learn immediately: Master real-world tactics and techniques that can be applied to real-live cases as soon as you learn them.
NetWars Continuous Levels
DFIR Netwars Continuous includes multiple levels to help you improve your skills as well as automated hints and support from the SANS NetWars team to ensure that you have the most rewarding experience possible.
Automated Hint System
NetWars Continuous includes an innovated Automated Hint System to help you develop your skills further and faster. All challenges in Levels One, Two, Three, and Four let you take a hint by simply clicking on a button. Each question has three hints that can be requested to help solve the challenge. Requesting a hint does not impact your score at all, but the number of hints you have taken will be displayed as a separate column on the scoreboard. However, in the event of a tied score, the person who has taken the lowest number of hints will have a higher ranking.
Also, when you conquer a challenge, the system will automatically display all the hints associated with it (without increasing your hint count), so you can still learn from the hints. The hints may give you a more efficient way of solving the challenge, or could help you determine that you've found an even better way of conquering the challenge!
Generally, the hints for a question are structured as follows:
- The first hint for a question is typically a Wikipedia search term, or general direction of research.
- The second hint will provide the player with the most commonly missed logical leap or skill needed to solve the challenge.
- The third and final hint provides the most information to help the player try and answer the question specifically