Security Leadership Summit
Chairman: Frank Kim
| CPE Credits: 16
CISOs must manage budgets, garner support from non-technical executive management and stakeholders, oversee a team of IT security professionals, support and enable the latest business innovations, and - oh yeah - keep the organization safe from hacks, intrusions, APT, malware and a constant stream of emerging threats. It's a tall order, one that requires both a breadth and depth of technical knowledge, experience and leadership skill.
At this summit, Security Leaders and SANS subject matter experts will provide crucial insights, advice and experiences relevant for both current and aspiring CISOs. The format will partner senior CISOs and security leaders with SANS experts, pairing experiences, best practices, lessons learned (the hard way), and career advice, with depth on key security topics and emerging trends... So you can stay ahead of the curve - and impress your management.
- Topics and themes to be explored include:
- Pitching ideas and budget proposals in a way that gets you to "yes"
- Security trends in industrial control systems, mobile technologies, incident response, and more
- Preventing, detecting and responding to cyber threats
- Designing and implementing an effective security awareness program in your organization
- Using the Critical Security Controls as a framework
- Best practices for developing security talent within your organization and identifying great hires from outside
- Which certifications and degrees you really need - and which ones you don't
Attendees will have the opportunity to explore a variety of topics, in both security and management, and network with CISOs, SANS experts, and peers, and gain an in-depth understanding of what it takes to succeed as a CISO.