Welcome to EU SCADA & Process Summit 2012
- 1 courses
- 0 instructors
- 0 disciplines
- Pre-Summit Courses: December 5-9, 2012
- Summit: December 10-11, 2012
- Summit Venue
Avenida Diagonal 589-591. 08014 Barcelona
Fax: +34 93 495 77 67
The 5th Annual European SCADA and Process Control System Security Summit will be held in Barcelona, Spain at the Hilton Barcelona Hotel on December 10 & 11, 2012.
The European SCADA Summit brings together the program managers, control systems engineers, IT security professionals and critical infrastructure protection specialists from asset owning and operating organizations along with control systems and security vendors who have innovative solutions for improving security. Along with government and research leaders, they are coming together to learn and discuss the principal cyber security risks to control systems and the most effective defenses. The Security Summit is an action-oriented conference designed so that every attendee leaves with new tools and techniques they can put to work immediately when they return to their office.
The European Summit is the place to come and interact with top SCADA experts, key government personnel, researchers and asset owners at the multiple special networking events.
In addition to the Summit, you will be able to attend technical courses led by the top SCADA/PCS experts that will provide a deep dive into how to respond to security incidents in production systems and how to combat advance cyber threats.
Benefits you will gain from attending:
- Gain the most current information regarding SCADA and Control System threats and learn how to best prepare to defend against them.
- Hear what works and what doesn't work from peer organizations.
- Network with the top individuals in the field of SCADA/PCS Security
- Leave the Summit with solutions that you can immediately put to use in your organization
- Share in recognizing organizations that have enhanced SCADA/PCS security
Who Should Attend & What Will You Learn?
- Learn the most critical security challenges in implementing smart meters and smart grid. Learn what the US is doing with its $4.8 billion in Smart Grid funding to ensure these systems do not create new risks.
Plant Managers, Engineering and Operations Management, Project Managers, Automation and Control Managers, Process Control and SCADA Engineers, Plant Engineers
- Learn the lessons discovered by leading process control user organizations throughout the world, and what your process control vendor may be doing to boost the defenses on systems already deployed, and on new systems.
Information Security and IT Professionals in Organizations that Deploy Industrial Control Systems
- Learn why control systems are so difficult to protect and arm yourself with clear case studies showing what has been done and what can be done to protect SCADA and other control systems. Learn the language of control systems so you can be of more help to the engineers who plan and deploy such systems.
Control System Vendor Developers and Integrators
- Understand the requirements and constraints faced by owners and operators of automation systems. Determine the state of the art in control system security as a benchmark for your own future planning.
Government Leaders Responsible for Policy and Regulation of Utilities and Other Process Control Users
- Better understand what governments can and cannot do by learning the requirements, constraints, and current capabilities available to secure critical control systems.
Academic and Research Laboratory Leaders
- Learn where to begin a SCADA/PCS security program or how to apply your existing cybersecurity staff and partner with your organization's engineers.
- Get a glimpse of where SCADA/PCS roadmaps are going and how new technologies are being integrated into these environments. The discussion will include how virtualization is beginning to enhance SCADA/PCS application hosting and will eventually be applied at the device-level.
- Michael Assante, National Board of Information Security Examiners
- Gitte Bergknut, E.ON Sverige AB
- Sandra C., Centre for the Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI)
- Jess Garcia, One e-Security
- Auke Huistra, CPNI Netherlands
- Andrea Rigoni, GCSEC
- Anne-Marie Zielstra, CPNI Netherlands
|SCADA and Process Control Security Summit||