- Summit Dates: - July 9-10, 2013
- Post-Summit Course Dates: July 11-16, 2013
- SANS DFIR NetWars: July 13-14, 2013
- Summit Venue:
- Omni Hotel Downtown Austin
700 San Jacinto @ 8th Street
Austin, TX 78701
Phone: (512) 476-3700
Fax: (512) 397-4888
- FOR 408 - Computer Forensic Investigations - Windows In-Depth
- FOR 508 - Advanced Computer Forensic Analysis and Incident Response
- FOR526 - Windows Memory Forensics In-Depth
- FOR 610 - Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques
- Zoher Anis, Sr Cyber Security Engineer, EES
- David Cowen, G-C Partners, LLC
- David Kovar, Manager, Advisory Center of Excellence, Ernst & Young
- Cindy Murphy, Detective, City of Madison Police Dept
- David Nides, Manager, Forensic Technology Services KPMG
- Hal Pomeranz, Consultant, Deer-Run Associates
- Alissa Torres, Senior Incident Responder, MANDIANT
- Tom Yarrish, Lead Security Engineer, CME Group
- Lee Whitfield, Director of Forensics, Digital Discovery
- Malware Analysis
- Digital Forensics
- Incident Response
- File and Packet Analysis
The 6th annual Forensics and Incident Response Summit will again be held in the live musical capital of the world, Austin, Texas. The Summit will focus on high quality and extremely relevant content as well as panel discussions in Digital Forensics and Incident Response. The 2013 theme is currently in development as the digital forensics and incident response community is constantly evolving and our content promises to be cutting-edge and relevant to ensure you will be able to utilize the ideas presented when you return to your organization.
In addition, we encourage you to take every opportunity to make the most of this event from attending the Summit to registering for one or more of the post-summit training classes taught by SANS' top-rated instructors.
The following skills based courses will be offered July 11-16, 2013.
This event promises to bring together the leading minds in digital forensics and incident response community. Evening events are being planned to give you the opportunity to enjoy Austin's best. Share a table with your peers, friends and speakers. Rub shoulders with people who do what you do - from a wide cross section of industries, company sizes and experiences. See you in Austin.
DFIR Summit Advisory Council
SANS DFIR NetWars
July 13th, 2013, 6:30 - 9:30pm
July 14th, 2013, 6:30 - 9:30pm
SANS DFIR NetWars is a hands-on, interactive learning environment that enables digital forensics and incident response (DFIR) professionals to develop and master the skills they need to excel in their field.
NetWars provides a forum for DFIR professionals to test and perfect their cyber security skills in a manner that is legal and ethical, facing challenges derived from real-world environments and actual threats and scenarios that businesses, governments, and military organizations must deal with every day.
DFIR NetWars is designed to help participants develop skills in several DFIR critical areas:
|FOR408: Computer Forensic Investigations - Windows In-Depth||GCFE||
|FOR508: Advanced Computer Forensic Analysis and Incident Response||GCFA||
|FOR526: Memory Forensics In-Depth||
|FOR610: Reverse-Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques||GREM||
DFIR NetWars Tournament - Add-on
(FREE with any 4-6 Day SANS Course Registration)
|Digital Forensics Incident Response Summit||