Thank you to all who played SANS CyberCon Twitter Trivia with us these past eight weeks. We are pleased to announce that Justin Nordine has won the grand prize of a free seat at SANS CyberCon 2012!
Congratulations to Justin (@jnordine)!
SANS CyberCon 2012 Twitter Trivia Contest
The object of our contest is simple: Follow us on Twitter using the hashtag #cybercon2012 and answer our trivia questions correctly. We will post a new question every Monday morning from July 30th thru September 17th 2012, you must respond with an answer at email@example.com by 9pm EST that Monday. Each time you answer a trivia question correctly, your name will be included in a drawing to win a free seat at SANS CyberCon 2012. The winner will be chosen on September 18th, 2012. Good luck!
Remember: you must respond with an answer at firstname.lastname@example.org by 9pm EST that Monday.
Monday - July 30th
Question #1: Where is SANS CyberCon located?
Monday, August 6th
Question #2: How long will you have access to the online archive of your class at no extra charge?
Answer: 4 months
Monday, August 13th
Question #3: Which course includes the Investigative SIFT Toolkit?
Answer: FOR408: Computer Forensic Investigations - Windows In-Depth and FOR 508: Advanced Computer Forensic Analysis and Incident Response
Monday, August 20th
Question #4: Who is the instructor for SEC 504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits and Incident Handling at CyberCon?
Answer: Ed Skoudis and John Strand
Monday, August 27th
Question #5: How many live online training events has SANS done?
Answer: None - this is SANS' first-ever
Monday, September 3rd
Question #6: Kevin's bonus session is (blank) Assessments?
Monday, September 10th
Question #7: How many CPE/CMU's can you receive for MGT414?
Answer: 46 CPE/CMU
Monday, September 17th
Question #8: Which of the four SANS CyberCon courses require a laptop?
The winner will be chosen on September 18th.
- Entry: Each participant may respond only once for a given question (8 questions, so 8 entries total per person). Contest begins on Monday, July 30th and ends Monday, September 17th. Responses must be submitted by that evening at 9pm EST. Each time a person answers the question correctly, their name will be included in the drawing.
- Prize: Winner will receive a complimentary seat at SANS CyberCon 2012, and will be mailed the course ware and CyberCon gift set prior to the event. SANS will choose only one winner, the seat is not transferable and does not include a certification attempt.
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning the contest depend upon the total number of all eligible entries received in the contest period, regardless of method of participation.
- Release of Liability: SANS is not responsible for lost, late, or unintelligible entries, lost connections, miscommunications, failed transmissions, other technical difficulties or failures.
- Important: This contest is not in any manner sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter. By participating in the promotion, each Participant releases and agrees to indemnify Twitter and hold it harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, or damages.