We invite you to SANS Austin 2013 in May. Our course offerings include courses from IT Security Essentials to our cutting-edge Virtualization and Private Cloud Security course. You will also find incident handling, forensics, and security policy and leadership training. Courses are taught by real-world practitioners who are the best at ensuring you not only learn the material, but that you can apply it immediately when you return to the office.
Choose from these outstanding SANS courses that prepare you for almost any of the technical and management certifications required by Department of Defense Directive 8570:
- SEC401: Security Essentials Bootcamp Style (GSEC)
- SEC504: Hacker Techniques, Exploits & Incident Handling (GCIH)
Our campus, Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, is in the city that is known as the "Live Music Capital of the World." With more than 100 locations that feature music, you are sure to find the entertainment that you enjoy. Choose from jazz and rock, or blues, country, reggae, or tejano.
Some highlights that are close to the hotel include:
Dining & Entertainment:
- 6th Street Entertainment District (restaurants & clubs) - 1 block
- 4th Street Warehouse District (upscale restaurants & clubs) - 4 blocks
- Station Square - 1 mile
- Eddie V's Edgewater Grill (steak, seafood and jazz music) - 4 blocks
Arts & Culture:
- Paramount Theatre - 1 block
- State Theatre - 1 block
- O. Henry Home and Museum - 3 blocks
- Austin Children's Museum - 7 blocks
- Austin Music Hall - 1 mile
- Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum - 1 mile
- Lyndon Baines Johnson Presidential Library and Museum - 2.5 miles
- Austin Museum of Art at Laguna Gloria - 5.5 miles
- Town Lake Hike and Bike Trail - 7 blocks
- Congress Avenue Bridge (home of the Mexican bats) - 7 blocks
- Barton Springs (natural spring pool and park) - 2 miles
- Zilker Park - 2.5 miles
- Lake Travis - 12 miles
- Mt. Bonnell - 15 minutes
A special discounted rate of $204 S/D will be honored at the Omni Austin Hotel Downtown based on space availability, and this rate includes high-speed Internet in your room. Government per diem rooms are available with proper ID; you must call the hotel and specifically ask for this rate. Make your reservations now, as this special rate is only available through April 26, 2013.
Here's what SANS alumni have said about the value of SANS training:
SEC401 was the best and clearest explanation of buffer overflows and format string attacks I've ever heard. - Alex Farmer, USCC
Fantastic class! Fantastic Instructor! I have taken six SANS classes, I have not had a bad experience yet, they are just so professionally done! - Tom Cook, United States Military Academy
I learn something new every training event. What you learn does apply to work and does work. - David Fava, Boeing
Excellent information that I will be able to quickly apply back in the office. - Gregory Fellin, UC Merced
Three of our courses offered at SANS Austin 2013 are associated with a GIAC Certification. Put the skills you'll learn to practical use and join nearly 46,000 GIAC certified professionals who make the Cybersecurity industry safe! Visit the GIAC Roadmap for more information and register for your certification attempt today.
Earn your Master's Degree at SANS Technology Institute (STI). Take classes in Information Security Management (MSISM) or Engineering (MSISE). Click here for the downloadable Application form. Apply today!
I have attended many conferences, SANS are well above the rest, says Kenton Groombridge, US Army.
Come see for yourself - register today for SANS Austin 2013.