How to Register
- Everyone with Internet access must complete the online registration form. (SANS does not take registrations by phone.)
**Even if you prefer not to submit your payment information online, you should still complete the online form. Offline payment options are available once the online form is completed and you have your invoice number.
- Print your own invoice at the end of the online registration process.
- Submit payment for your SANS registration invoice. Please note that SANS requires payment in advance for all training.
We recommend you register early to ensure you get your first choice of courses.
An immediate e-mail confirmation is sent to you when the registration is submitted properly. If you have not received e-mail confirmation within two business days of registering, please call the SANS Registration office at 301-654-SANS(7267). You may also contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daily breaks at Community SANS are as follows:
(Subject to change - be sure to check the event announcements for the most up-to-date information.)
- Morning Coffee: 8:00am - 09:00am (EMEA region only; coffee/tea provided)
- Continental Breakfast: 8:15am - 9:00am (Provided; Not available in EMEA)
- Morning Break 10:30am - 10:50am - (coffee/tea provided)
- Lunch 12:15pm - 1:30pm - (Provided in EMEA; On your own for all other regions)
- Afternoon Break 3:00pm - 3:20pm - (beverages and light snack provided)
Important Registration Deadlines
- Early Bird Discount Deadlines - check individual courses for deadlines. Discount applies to five- and six-day courses only when you register & pay by specific Early Bird Discount dates.
- Refund deadlines apply. Check each event for specific dates.
- 5 - 9 students from the same organization registering at the same time: 5% *off registration.
- 10 or more from the same organization registering at the same time: 10% *off registration
All registrations using discount codes will be verified 48 hours after code is issued. Those using a code not meeting the required group level will be subject to the fee difference between their discount registration and the discount level they meet.
To register with a discount you must:
- Obtain a discount code BEFORE you register. Codes cannot be applied to your account after registration is completed.
- Use the discount code on the registration form.
- All group discount registrations MUST arrive in ON THE SAME DAY or the discount will NOT apply. Discounts are NOT retroactive.
To obtain your discount code for registration, complete the discount code request form at www.sans.org/security-training/discounts.
***Only one discount may be used per customer per registration/order. Discounts may not overlap. If you are eligible for more than one discount, we will apply the discount of the largest percentage.
NOTE: Discounts do not apply to all classes.
How to tell if there is room available in a course
If the course is still open, the secure, online registration server will accept your registration. Sold-out courses will be removed from the online registration.
What to do once registered
Once you receive your payment confirmation e-mail, all you have to do is check in at the SANS registration desk upon your arrival at the Training Event. E-mail alerts will be sent to you before the Training Event with registration times, registration locations, and laptop requirements (if applicable). To check in you will need to present a photo ID. At the registration desk you will receive your SANS badge, applicable course materials, and information you will need while you are at the Training Event.
GIAC certification is also available without SANS training. For more information about the GIAC program and steps to certification, go to www.giac.org.
If you must substitute / cancel
You may substitute another person in your place at any time prior to the start of the course by e-mailing email@example.com. Only the person identified in your e-mail may be substituted for the original person registered, and once substitution is made, the original registrant can only attend the course by paying full tuition fee.
- Prior to Refund Deadline: Your pre-paid fee will be returned, less $300.00 processing fee, in the same manner in which it was paid.
- After Refund Deadline: No refunds (transfer or substitution only)
- All transfers within 5 business days are also subject to a $500 fee.
SANS Institute is committed to assisting course participants subject to disabilities. SANS will provide the following at no additional cost to the employers of participants with disabilities: an additional seat in the classroom and an additional set of course materials for Auxiliary Aides and/or the course notes in computer-readable format, as requested by the participant's employer. The employer of the participant shall be responsible for all other costs of any necessary accommodation, including arranging and paying for Auxiliary Aides. The employer may call 1-301-654-SANS(7267) to request that SANS Institute make the arrangements for Auxiliary Aides and bill the costs to the employer. It is the responsibility of the employer to confirm with SANS all such arrangements at least four weeks before the course.
CISSP members may supply their CISSP ID# and SANS will submit a request to CISSP for the attendee to receive credit for CPEs earned. There is a blue box below the payment section on the registration form to enter your CISSP ID#.
Tuition & Fee Information
Course Fees Include:
- Printed and bound course materials for selected course
- Continental Breakfast (Non-EMEA regions only)
- Lunch (EMEA region only)
- Two daily breaks with refreshments
Acceptable Forms of Payment:
Make checks payable to SANS Institute and mail to:ESCAL Institute of Advanced Technologies PO Box 419108Boston, MA 02241-9108
All payments sent by mail or wire transfer must include the order number to ensure timely processing.
- Credit Card
Credit card payments can be made securely on-line through the registration form.
Or by Phone: Complete the on-line registration form and select "Credit Card by Fax or Phone" as the payment method. After you have received your Training Event invoice number, call 301-654-SANS(7267) to complete the credit card transaction.
DO NOT e-mail your credit card information; it will not be accepted.
- American Express
- Diners Club
- Wire Transfers
- Bank Name: Bank of America
- Bank Address:
100 West 33rd St.New York, NY 10001
- Swift Code: BOFAUS3N
- Bank Account Title:
Escal Institute of Advanced Technologies, Inc.8120 Woodmont Avenue, Suite 310Bethesda, MD 20814Tel: 301-951-0102 x106
- ABA Routing Number:
- ACH: 052001633
- Wires: 026009593
- Bank Account Number: 4460-1165-9211
Wire fees to be paid by originator/sender.
PURCHASE ORDERS - US & CANADIAN GOVERNMENT ONLY:
The SANS Institute requires payment in advance for all courses. If you are an employee of the United States federal government or the Government of Canada, you are permitted to submit a valid purchase order or federal training authorization form in advance as your prepayment.
You must register before submitting your purchase order to ensure accurate processing. Completed forms may be faxed to 301-951-0140 - Attention: Tuition Dept. - Fed PO, or they may be mailed to:
Federal Purchase Orders - Event Name (eg. Community SANS New York Spring 2016)
IMPORTANT: A completed purchase order must include the full SANS event invoice number (letters & numbers). The amount on the purchase order MUST match the tuition fee shown on the invoice you received when you registered at the SANS Web site. Please also ensure that accurate billing instructions are noted on the purchase order. If your purchase order is incomplete or inaccurate, it will cause delays in processing, which could lead to delays in training.
PURCHASE ORDERS - ALL OTHER STUDENTS:
SANS does not accept state, provincial, corporate, or university purchase orders as prepayment for training. Your tuition fee must be paid in advance by check, bank transfer, or credit card.
We realize that your organization may still need to use a purchase order internally as part of the payment process. To obtain an invoice for your accounts payable department, please take the following steps:
- Register for your training online. At the end of the registration process, you will be prompted to print your own invoice. Please do this.
- Take the unpaid invoice to your accounts payable department so that they can match the purchase order with this invoice and generate payment to SANS by check, credit card, or bank transfer.
Please remember that SANS must receive your tuition payment prior to the start of your course. We look forward to having you join the SANS community!
The SANS Institute does not mail invoices requesting payment. If you require an invoice to process payment, or would like one for your records, you need to complete the on-line registration form. Click print when you have completed your registration.